EUFJE is represented in the Governing Council of the Global Judicial Institute on the Environment (GJIE supported by UN Environment) and involved in the negotiations concerning the Global Pact for the Environment. EUFJE participated in the First Working Meeting of the Interim Governing council of GJIE on 19 January 2019 at the UN Environment headquarters in Nairobi. GJIE provides a platform for judicial capacity-building and education programs aiming to improve the administration and resolution of environmental cases. The Institute has launched a membership application procedure, established a secretariat supported by the United Nations Environment Programme and undertaken a number of activities at the global and regional levels in cooperation with partner organisations and preparatory work for launching a portal with resource material for the judiciary.
For more information:
- On UN Environment
- On Environmental Governance
- On Environmental rule of law, see also here.
- On the Johannesburg Principles on the Role of Law and Sustainable Development
- On the Judicial Handbook on Environmental Law
- On the UNEP World Congress on Justice, Governance and Law for Environmental Sustainability
- On the Global Pact
- On the Judicial Portal